Pemberton’s Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Practice Group helps clients in Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota solve their estate planning issues while safely planning for their future. We help our clients prepare anything from a simple will to handling large complex estates.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Smaller Estates: We help our clients prepare wills, children’s trusts, and offer advice regarding property ownership and transfer of property.
- Complex Larger Estates: We prepare complex wills and trust agreements, review tax implications, initiate gifting plans and rearrange property ownership and beneficiary designations to achieve goals that are most cost-effective for our clients.
- Agriculture Estate Planning Services: We offer complete estate planning services for farmland owners, including formulas regarding options to farming children for the rent and purchase of farmland and also providing for non-farming children. We help with the succession planning, buy-outs or a combination of both.
- Probate, Estate and Trust Administration Services: We help clients prepare petitions for proceedings, help prepare inventories and accountings, analyze and prepare federal and state estate tax returns, prepare deeds and property transfer documents and offer planning advice for post death.
- Elder Law Services: We prepare living wills and powers of attorney, guardianships and conservatorships, preparation of specialized trusts for disabled persons and advice regarding planning for potential nursing home costs and Medicaid/Medical Assistance matters.
- Charitable Gifting Services: We assist clients with the preparation of charitable trusts, establishment of private charitable foundations, and review tax implications.
- Estate Litigation Services: We have represented clients in settlement of will contests and probate hearings which can include trial through appeal and completion.
- Family Business Planning Services: We help families create family limited partnerships and limited liability companies, prepare buy-sell agreements, initiate gifting plans and other services which help to effectively transfer family businesses. In this process, we offer a tax consultant to our clients to offer tax advice and procedures.
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts: We use ILITS as a tool for children to purchase assets of parents or have accessible funds for the payment of estate taxes and also remove the value of the asset from the estate.